Thursday, March 25, 2021

Balsamic Strawberry Rhubarb Crumble


So I get a farm fresh box every week.it comes with local in season items. I got rhubarb. I really thought hard about it. I remember my grandmother’s making a strawberry rhubarb pie. I wanted that but I haven’t tried my Grandma’s pie crust GF yet. So strawberries yes. I also thought of this really amazing ice cream place that I loved from Seattle called Molly Moo and they had a strawberry balsamic ice cream that was so delicious. So Strawberry Balsamic Rhubarb mmmm. I added blueberries just because I can and decided on a cobbler, crisp crumble. It was sooooooooooo good.❣️

Ingredients
2C rhubarb
2C strawberries
1C blueberries
1 1/2 C Sugar
1 TBSP Arrowroot / corn starch
2TBSP Balsamic Vinegar

Topping
1C GF flour
1/2C Brown sugar
1/2t salt
1/3 C sliced almonds
3TBSP butter
1 egg

Method

Cut and wash fruit. Add remaining ingredients to fruit.

 

 

Spread the mixture into a 9x12 pryex pan.

Mix together the dry ingredients. 



Pour over the top of the berries.

Pour Melted Butter on top crumble mixture.






No comments:

Post a Comment