Friday, July 22, 2011

Samosa's

I love Indian food. I learned how to make a few of the best Indian dishes when I was in my teenage years. I learned from my boss who's was from India. This dish stood out to me the most, it is best paired with a sweet mango chutney. This is a great vegetarian dish, but you could always add cooked ground beef to the filling.

Filling
1 finely diced potato
1 finely diced carrot
2 cloves of garlic crushed
1 onion finely chopped
1c frozen peas
1tbsp vegetable oil
2tsp curry
S&P to taste
3.5 ounces veg stock

Method
Heat oil and fry onion and garlic with spices and fry until soft. Add vegetables and stir together. Add vegetable stock, cover and simmer mixture until softened for approx 30 min

Pastry
1 1/2c flour
2tsp salt
2tbsp oil
1/3c water

Method
Mix dry ingredients in a bowl, create a well in the center, add oil and water to make a firm dough. Knead the dough on a floured surface roll in a ball when dough id smooth. Cover and set aside for 30 min.
Divide dough into a dozen equal balls. Roll each out and fill with filling folding one side over to create a triangle. Seal edges by brushing lightly with water and press together.
Fry until golden brown and crisp. Drain oil on paper towel.

No comments:

Post a Comment