Tuesday, July 5, 2011

As American As Cherry Pie

This recipe I use my piecrust recipe. The filling is a homemade sweet cherry pie filling. You could use any cherries for this recipe. I chose the sweet cherries for the intense color. Use cherries from a fruit stand or organic market. The cherries are much better then big box stores. The pie was wonderful. I'm glad I did this completely homemade.


Ingredients

  • 4c pitted cherries
  • 1 1/2c sugar
  • 1/2c water
  • 4tbsp cornstarch



    Method

    Combine the water and sugar to pan until dissolved. Add cherries bring to a boil. Mix cornstarch with a little water 1:1, to eliminate lumps, add to cherries. Stir into cherries to avoid lumps, stir constantly. Pie filling should be thick. Cook just until thickened. Don't overcook the cherries. Pour pie filling into the unbaked pie crust. I do a lattice top for cherry pie, if you want a fully covered pie make sure you cut vents in the top of the pie.

    425° for 30 min or until golden brown

  • No comments:

    Post a Comment