Sunday, July 1, 2012

Berry Cobbler




When I moved to Seattle I discovered the most wonderful berry in the world. The Blackberry.. So sweet and a little tart, plump and juicy. I pick berries, come August every year. I have even been called a berry picker from the side of the road. The berries grow like weeds in Washington. I pick so many blackberries that I make a pie and freeze the rest for the year so I have them on hand. I love cobbler and blackberry cobbler is just divine. The last time I made it I added blueberries and it was better then I ever had...

Ingredients
4c Fruit
1c Sugar
3tbsp Flour

Crumble topping
1/2c butter softened to room temp
2tbsp butter
1c flour
1/4 c sugar
1c oatmeal
1c brown sugar

Method
Combine berries sugar and flour by thoroughly tossing together, place in a 9x13" pryex pan. Mix together crumble ingredients. Top the berry mixture evenly with the topping. Bake at 350° for 30-40 minutes until fruit is bubbly. Please serve warm with vanilla ice cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment