Sunday, November 18, 2012

Apple Pie






My Gma B made the best pies! EVER! I think it was the pie crust but now that I remember all the ones were good even the ones with cookie crusts. So I never liked apple pie. but I made her show me what she did because for some reason I loved that her apple filling melted in my mouth.  So It is written Grandma Bostron's Apple Pie

Ingredients
Pie Crust

5 Apples peeled cored and sliced
8c water
2tbsp brown sugar
1/3c sugar
1tsp cinnamon

Pie filling
Blanched Apples
1/2tsp cinnamon
5tbsp brown sugar
1/4c butter
1/3c sugar

Method
Prepare the pie crust first

Wash, Peel core and slice apples.

 Then cook apples in sugars and cinnamon until they just start to boil

Mix the apples and sugars and cinnamon in a bowl and  put into pie crust.
 Then cut butter into cubes and top the pie. Cover with other crust pinch edges together and cut vent in to p of pie to let out steam, sprinkle raw sugar on top and bake at 350 for about 45 minutes until nicely golden.

And make sure you eat it with Vanilla ice cream or whipped cream!

No comments:

Post a Comment