Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Baked Mini Donuts

















 I love donuts more then anything that you can consume. I love them I love them I love them. Last year I picked up a Sauveur magazine because of the donuts on the cover. I bought some donut pans and pulled out the article. However I did not use the recipe in the article. I changed the whole thing to get my own light version of the baked donut. I feel like the magic of the doughnut is the fried bread. When I read the recipe I thought that it would be heavy and dry, so I changed the typed and quantities of the flours and butter/ shortening. The recipe came out great. Here is my version of the baked donut.

Ingredients
1/2c sugar
1/2c butter
1/4c Crisco
1c flour
1 1/4c cake flour
1/2tbsp baking powder
1/4tsp salt
1/4tsp nutmeg
dash of cardamom
1 egg
1/2c milk

Sprinkles

Glaze
1 1/2c confectioners' sugar, sifted to remove any lumps
3 to 4tbsp milk or water
2tsp vanilla extract 
For chocolate (add 4tbsp cocoa powder)

Place the sugar in a medium bowl and slowly stir in the milk and vanilla, a little at a time, to make a smooth, pourable glaze.  

Method
Heat oven to 400°. Grease donut tins with butter or baking spray; set aside. Whisk flour, baking powder, salt, nutmeg, and cardamom in a bowl; set aside.
















Using a hand mixer, beat  butter and sugar in a bowl until fluffy. Add egg, beating well after addition. Alternate adding dry ingredients and milk  beat until batter is smooth.














Spoon batter into prepared tins; bake until golden and a toothpick inserted into donuts comes out clean, 15–20 minutes.


 











Invert donuts onto a baking sheet with a wire rack; let cool completely.


Dip in glaze and desired sprinkles

No comments:

Post a Comment