Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Crispy Onion Rings


















I love onion rings. This is a very recent thing. My Man ordered some from IHOP and it turned me forever. I seriously love IHOPS onion rings the best. I have tried many times to make my own using lots of different recipes but I never get them to stay crispy until this last time I tried... OMG I nailed it they were so perfect and delicious!

Ingredients
2 large onions, cut into 1/4-inch rings
Vegetable oil, for frying 
1 1/4c all-purpose flour 
1/4c cornstarch 
2tsp baking powder 
1tsp garlic salt
1 1/3c ice-cold water\

Method
Place onions in a large bowl filled with cold water and soak 10 minutes. Heat 2 inches of oil in a deep, heavy-bottomed pot to 365 degrees. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, cornstarch, baking powder, and salt. Whisk in ice-cold water and place batter bowl over a bowl of ice. Drain onions and dry thoroughly between layers of  paper towels.
Working one handful at a time, dip onions in batter, allowing excess to drip back into bowl, and gently place in oil.














Fry, turning once, until crisp and golden, 3 minutes.














Transfer to a paper towel-lined tray to drain and sprinkle with garlic salt to taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment