Saturday, August 15, 2015

Yoatmeal (overnight oats)

When I moved to California I lived in Palo Alto. I came across this breakfast spot called Fraiche. My daughter and I walked down there one day and it was a yogurt shop. We both tried a yogurt/oatmeal combination. 
Since I tried it I have seen quite a few posts on Pinterest showing overnight oats. These posts were inspiring. I started working at Quantifind and I do breakfasts twice a week. I tried a yogurt bar and that was successful, so I decided to try overnight oats. It was so popular my co-workers were eating seconds and thirds for days. Since I was feeding a large group I made 1/2 gallon ball jars. The recipe I came up with was 3 equal parts so if you make a smaller portion it's easy 3 equal parts oatmeal yogurt and milk. It's 1:1:1. Make smaller individual jars for quick on the go breakfast and snacks. You could also make a large batch and keep it for days. It's delicious. 

Ingredients
2c rolled oats (not instant)
2c milk or almond, soy milk
2c Greek yogurt (preferably Fage or Greek Gods) or soy/almond for dairy free

1/2gallon jar

I made a few kinds for choices and methods of sweetening

Almond
1/4-1/3c brown sugar
1tbsp almond extract

Honey
1/3c honey

Vanilla
1/4-1/3c brown sugar
1tbsp vanilla extract

Maple
1/3c pure maple

Method
In clean jar pour in oats, cover with milk, 


add yogurt 


and preferred sweetener. 



Put on lid and shake it up. 



You can customize these oats and mix in fruit dried or fresh, nut butters, nuts, seeds, whey, protein powder, spices, granola, flax, wheat germ, chia seeds, whatever you wish. 




No comments:

Post a Comment