Friday, March 9, 2012

Creamy Chicken Enchilada's








So my Aunt Celeste made this for me once when I went to visit my cousins. I fell in... with this recipe. I made it on my own, a short while after, I wasn't as enamored by it. I know exactly why, I really do not like cream of chicken soup by Campbell's. Maybe if you use an organic kind, I don't know all I know is I made my own cream of chicken soup just to make this recipe. If you use my soup recipe puree the soup so there are no chunks. When I tried it with my soup base it was as good as I remember it! I think I may have tweaked the recipe a little. But I think I did it almost practically the same. Its really easy and yummy!

Ingredients
2c cream of chicken soup
1 can green enchilada sauce
1 can diced green chile's
8oz sour cream
1 onion chopped
1 8oz pkg shredded pepperjack
1 8oz pkg shredded cheddar
2chicken breasts cooked and shredded
8 8" flour tortillas

Method
For the sauce, in a saucepan cook pureed soup, add enchilada sauce chile's and sour cream. Pour some sauce into bottom of an 9x12' pryex pan. Put some onions, chicken, sauce and cheese in tortillas and roll them up and place next to each other in pan pour left over sauce on enchiladas and top with more cheese. Bake in the oven at 350° until hot melted and bubbly approx 15-30 min.

1 comment: