Thursday, March 8, 2012

Chili


Um yes I love chili. I make it a lot. I never follow a recipe I make it by taste. For you I made it the other day and recorded the proportions in the pot. I must say I tried something different and it came out amazing! I also recommend using 2 different types of chili powder. Most people make chili with hamburger. I make mine with chunks of tender beef. Both are great but really good beef is the best way. I also love my chili with toppings, sour cream cheese and Frito's. Yum don't eat it without it!


Ingredients
1 onion
2 cans of crushed or diced tomatoes
2 cans chili beans
2 cans kidney beans
1tbsp smoked paprika
2tbsp cumin
2tbsp chili powder
1/4tsp cayenne pepper
1/4tsp dry mustard powder
1tsp vinegar
1-2c of corn
Garlic Salt &P

Method
Saute onions until tender. Add all other ingredients except corn. Cook to simmer, then reduce heat and cook as long as possible you could even transport it to a crock pot and slow cook the heck out of it. Add corn before you serve. Top with cheese, sour cream, and Frito's!

No comments:

Post a Comment