Monday, December 3, 2012

Enchilada Sauce











Enchilada's mmmmmm. So I always get them, for the last 20 years since tho moment I first tried them, in some restaurant in eastern Colorado sometime when I was young. As I started cooking I dabbled in making my own enchilada sauce and damn its good! So good that I have become disenchanted with enchiladas elsewhere. So here is what I recommend. Make like triple the recipe and freeze the rest so you have it on hand! Brilliant like opening up a can. its so worth it to make extra so easy yummy meals are within a 10 min reach.

Ingredients
3 tablespoons oil
1 tablespoon flour
1/4 cup chili powder
2 cups chicken stock
10 ounces tomato paste
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1tsp  chipotle seasoning
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon salt

Method
In a medium saucepan heat oil, add flour, smoothing and stirring with a wooden spoon. Cook for 1 minute. Add chili powder, and chipotle and cook for 30 seconds. Add stock, tomato paste, oregano, and cumin. Stir to combine. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and cook for 15 minutes. The sauce will thicken and smooth out. Adjust the seasonings. Serve on your favorite enchiladas.

No comments:

Post a Comment