Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Filipino Chicken Adobo













So I hate to say I don't like types of food but really I have tried a lot of Filipino food and I really don't like it, I mean who puts beans and corn in their slushy drinks(HALO-HALO)? And Spam, no thanks! but really I'm not slamming it really I'm not, its just not what I'm after. There is one special dish aside from the delicious Lumpia that I will praise and that is Chicken Adobo. The recipe is amazing with under 10 simple ingredients its done and good.

Ingredients 
1  whole chicken in pieces

1c soy sauce 
1/2c white or rice vinegar 
1tbsp. chopped garlic 
2 bay leaves 
1/2tsp. pepper 
1c water 
1 1/2c coconut milk

Cooked white rice

Method
Combine the soy sauce, vinegar, garlic, bay leaves, pepper, water, and half the coconut milk in a covered skillet or saucepan large enough to hold the chicken in one layer. Bring to a boil over high heat. Add the chicken, reduce the heat to medium-low and cook, covered, turning a few times, until the chicken is almost done, about 20 minutes.
Heat the oven to 450°. You can also cook this on a grill or under a broiler as well. Remove the chicken pieces from the liquid, dry them gently with paper towels and place in a dish. Don’t discard the sauce. Roast the chicken until brown and crisp and hot, about 15 minutes While the chicken is cooking, add the rest of the coconut milk to the sauce in the pan and boil over high heat until sauce is thick and reduced to about 1 cup. Discard the bay leaves and keep warm until chicken is ready. Serve with rice and top with  sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment