Monday, January 7, 2013

Pineapple Hawaiian Chicken





I cook so much that I love to look around to try new things a lot of times I find stuff on the web and look at 20 other recipes like it and alter them to make my own. Looking for Hawaiian rice for my Hawaiian Meatballs I saw some Hawaiian chicken skewers my head started working and thinking Hawaiian Chicken, Pineapple grill pan YES! So here came This recipe for Pineapple Hawaiian Chicken. Plan to Marinate this a day ahead so the day of it super yummy and really fast and easy to cook!

 Ingredients 
3 pounds chicken breasts or thighs 
2c  soy sauce  
2c water 
1 1/2c brown sugar 
1 bunch green onions reserve some 
1/4c onion finely chopped 
1/2tsp garlic minced 
1tsp sesame oil 
1 (13.5 oz) can coconut milk

Method
Trim chicken of any fat. For chicken breasts, slice in half so marinade can soak in. In a large ziplock bag, doubled, mix soy sauce, water, brown sugar, onions, garlic, sesame oil, and coconut milk. Pour marinade over chicken and marinate for at least four hours, overnight is preferred. Grill chicken until chicken is cooked through, switching sides half way through. Grill Pineapple alongside your chicken.
It is delicious over coconut rice (To make coconut rice: Replace half of the water in your rice recipe with coconut milk.) garnish with green onions and grilled Pineapple.



No comments:

Post a Comment