Monday, January 7, 2013

Puppy Chow!!! Dog Treats



So my little dog is so picky when it comes to treats, he doesn't like any, he likes Puffy Cheetos. So I decided to formulate a healthy cheesy dog safe treat.
I looked around a bit and found most treats for dogs were made with whole wheat flour. Some also called for brewers yeast. I couldn't find that I just used eggs and water to bind it together. They are simple to make I double the recipe and pump out a ton at a time. I found the cookie cutters at cookiecuttercompany. I recommend letting them sit out to completely dry before you store them in airtight containers or a baggie.  My dog loves these treats and now I don't have to share my Cheetos! They are also safe for humans to eat most kids like them. :/ Not sure why!

Ingredients
2c whole wheat flour
1/4c corn meal
1/2c Parmesan cheese (reserve 1/4 cup)
1 egg
1c water

Method
Mix all ingredients except the reserved Parmesan cheese. Knead until thoroughly mixed.If dough seems wet add some more flour. Roll out dough onto flour dusted counter. Cut shapes and roll into reserved cheese. Place on and un greased cookie sheet and bake at 350°F for 25-30 min.




No comments:

Post a Comment