Thursday, July 28, 2016

Blueberry Biscoff Cheesecake



I was challenged by my daughter, she said she didn't like cheesecake, whaaaat!?! So I made one and she liked it. I changed stuff around from a basic no bake so she would inevitably love my creamy concoction. I live to experiment with cookies and crusts so I tried Biscoff cookies. Mmmmm perfect balance. I will try my goat cheese cake on her next because that is truly the messiah of all cheesecakes. 

Ingredients
1 8oz package of Biscoff cookies finely ground
2tbsp sugar
6tbsp butter
16oz cream cheese
1tsp almond extract
1c powdered sugar 
1/2c sour cream
3/4c heavy cream

Blueberry compote 
8oz blueberries 
2tbsp sugar
1tbsp water
1tsp lemon juice

Method
Melt butter in 9" pie pan 350° heat


Mix together 2 tbsp sugar and cookie crumbs


Press around pan to form crust, bake for 10 min. 
Cool completely 


Using a mixer mix cream cheese, powdered sugar, almond extract, sour cream, and whipped cream until mixed and creamy. When the crust has completely cooled top with creamed mixture


For blueberry compote on stove with small saucepan cook blueberries sugar water and lemon until thick 


Top cheesecake when cooled
Chill in fridge for 4-6 hours. 

No comments:

Post a Comment