Thursday, July 28, 2016

Olive Oil Cake



So this day the child wanted cake. Sadly I didn't have regular oil or enough butter for cake and frosting, and who wants cake without frosting?!? Not anyone in my house. So I decided to come up with something on my own. in this test kitchen of mine I pull all the stops.

Ingredients 
1C AP flour
3/4C sugar
2tsp baking powder
1/4tsp salt
1 egg
1/2c buttermilk or (1tbsp buttermilk powder and 1/2c water)
1/3c greek yogurt or sour cream
3tbsp olive oil
2tsp vanilla

Recipe for buttercream 

Method
Preheat oven to 350° Spray with baking spray or grease a 8x8 baking pan.

Whisk together all of the dry ingredients



Whisk together wet ingredients

 

Add wet to the dry until combined



Pour batter into prepared pan.



Bake 30 min until knife or toothpick comes out clean



Cool Frost Eat







No comments:

Post a Comment