Friday, July 22, 2016

Chicken Piccata



My first job was in an Italian Restaurant called Pastas. There were two owners, one from Sicily, one from Rome, Two regions of great Italian Cuisine. I have traveled around the states and I have had a difficult time finding an Italian Restaurant that I love. So I make at it at home to get that old time Italian cooked meal. My husband really loves most dishes that I cook with wine. So I tried this one on him and it was a winner. This dish traditionally has capers, I omitted them because I didn't want to spring too much culture on him.

Ingredients
2 Chicken breasts tenderized
2tbsp butter
4-6tbsp flour
Salt & Pepper
1clove garlic minced
2tbsp fresh parsley
2tbsp olive oil
1/3C dry white wine
1 lemon squeezed
1C chicken broth
1/4C capers

With Pasta Optional
2 servings of Linguine pasta
1/3C heavy cream

Method
On medium heat melt butter in skillet,



tenderize and season chicken. On a plate mix flour, salt and pepper coat the chicken in flour.



Fry the chicken in skillet 2 min on each side until golden brown and crispy

























Add lemon juice and capers, and garlic, cook chicken until not pink.



Remove chicken, add chicken stock,



Cook down to a gravy. Add wine.

 

Simmer to thicken. add chicken back in, simmer in sauce. Thats a wrap. Now took out the chicken and I added about 1/3C of cream to saucy up the pasta. I took the cooked pasta and I simmered it in the sauce

No comments:

Post a Comment