Sunday, October 30, 2011

Pumpkin Soup





I first made this recipe 10 years ago, I made it on Halloween at my best friend Amy's House. We loved it so much, so hearty and a wonderful blend of fall flavors. I love this recipe so much it has become a tradition to make it every Halloween. I have changed the recipe to perfect it. This year I made my own pumpkin puree. It was sublime. If you don't have the time to make your own puree, you can use canned pumpkin. This is the perfect meal, serve it with a banana pumpkin mufffin. you will warm up to the fall.

Ingredients
1 large onion chopped
1.5tbsp chopped fresh ginger
2tbsp butter or olive oil
4 large garlic cloves chopped
1 celery stalk
2 large carrots
4.5c veg or chicken broth
1tbsp sugar
1/4tsp nutmeg
2tsp coriander
4.5c pumpkin mash or puree
1/2c half and half
1/4c sour cream
Salt&P to taste

Method
Melt butter or olive oil in saute pan. Saute onion, garlic, ginger and celery. Add carrots and saute for flavor, until onions are caramelized.

 In a big stock pot start to heat your stock, add veggies, and spices to the stock and boil until carrots are tender.

Add pumpkin and puree or blend in batches until smooth.

Put soup back into the soup pot, add half and half and sour cream, simmer.

Make sure spices are adjusted, you may need more salt. Serve with a dollop of sour cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment