Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Cranberry


This recipe came from my mothers mother. My Grandma makes this cranberry mold for Turkey feast it is better then the basic cranberry. My grandmother uses fresh cranberries. I will try that the next time I make this dish. She also uses Queen Anne Cherries, but they are hard to find, so my mother substitutes them with Mandarin oranges. It is easy to make and should be made at least 1 day before your meal. It has been in our family for as long as I can remember, I make it every year for our Thanksgiving feast.  

Ingredients  
1 can whole berry cranberry
1 pkg raspberry jello
1 8oz pkg of cream cheese cubed
1/2c chopped pecans
1 can of Queen Anne cherries or Mandarin Oranges

Method
Heat cranberry on stove, add Mandarin orange or cherry juice and jello, cook for recommended time on box. Turn off heat and add remaining ingredients. Pour into a mold and refrigerate until firm and comes clean from the mold.  To remove from mold dip into warm water until loosened. place plate on top and turn over onto plate.


No comments:

Post a Comment