Saturday, October 19, 2013

Breakfast Sausage and Blueberries















So yesterday I cooked up some links and Daddy thought they tasted weird. Well I fixed that this morning when I made my own breakfast sausage patties. Very delicious!Very Easy too I had all the Ingredients in the house. I used 3 sweet Italian links and Ground Chicken. If you want to use all ground chicken that works fine. I would add more of the spices to get the full flavor.

When I was living in Minneapolis the uptown Whole Foods was amazing. I cooked for a high profile family and I would pick up the meats from there butcher. One day I noticed they had a blueberry maple sausage. I thought it sounded heavenly. I asked the Meat boy about them and they said that they were life changing. So I picked up a pound. Take it from the vegetarian, they were life changing, so life changing I was buying a pound for myself each week.

I will provide both recipes here I made some plain then added the blueberries to the rest of the meat so I had a little of both.

Ingredients
1/2 lb Sweet Sausage
1/2 lb Ground Chicken
2tsp kosher salt
1 1/2tsp freshly ground black pepper
2tsp finely chopped fresh sage leaves
2tsp finely chopped fresh thyme leaves
1/2tsp finely chopped fresh rosemary leaves
1tbsp light brown sugar
1tsp Maple 
Optional 1/4c blueberries some smashed some whole
Method  
Chop fresh spices fine set aside,

  












 Mix together meats, knead until well combined, add all ingredients  mix till combined.
 












Form into 1-inch rounds. Refrigerate and use within 1 week or freeze for up to 3 months.
For immediate use, saute patties over medium-low heat in a non-stick pan. Saute until brown and cooked through, approximately 10 to 15 minutes.


No comments:

Post a Comment