Saturday, October 19, 2013

Biscuits and Gravy














I was lying in bed starving. Wondering what to cook. I decided I wanted biscuits. But how could I make biscuits and make my man happy. Oh duh, Biscuits and gravy. I never made it before for him. When he asked what I was making I told him, he said, "I dont know, I will try it though." He really loved it. And when I made breakfast again I asked what he wanted, he said "all the normal stuff, potatoes, eggs pancakes and biscuits and gravy" HAHA buscuits and gravy are a special one off.

For my meal I made homemade Sausage patties. And Homemade biscuits. Click on links for my recipes

Ingredients
1 lb Breakfast Sausage 
Biscuits
2 Tablespoons Flour
1 cup Milk
Salt
Pepper

Method
Cook the sausage according to the instruction (thoroughly cooked inside).














Remove them to a paper towel to drain.














Place your biscuits into the oven to cook according to the instructions.

Use grease out of the skillet/pan you used for the sausage, Over low to medium-low heat, add about 2 tbsp of flour to the grease and whisk immediately.














If you add in a little more grease so it’s smooth and stirrable. You want to find a good balance between the flour and the grease.














Once you find it, just keep stirring with the whisk and allow the mixture to brown for a few minutes. As you whisk, scrape in the anything from the bottom of the pan as you go.














After 2-3 minutes, whisking constantly, pour in about a cup of milk.


























IF the mixture is dry, lumpy or pasty, add in more milk –













again, drawing a balanced mixture.












<

Add salt and pepper to taste. Let the gravy warm up over low heat, stirring occasionally.














Cut prepared biscuits in half pour gravy atop them


No comments:

Post a Comment