Monday, January 19, 2015

Beef and Broccoli


My love loves Beef and Broccoli. I had some left over steaks frozen so I decided to try to make this Chinese favorite a try in my own test kitchen. Most recipes I looked at were all slow cooked. I really wanted to make a more traditional dish so research away I went and executed this dish I can call my own.

Ingredients
3 sirloin steaks frozen 
3c broccoli
1/2 onion
1/2c soy sauce
1/4c water
1/4c cornstarch
3tbsp sherry
1tbsp rice wine vinegar
1/2tsp chili oil
1tbsp better then beef bullion
2 garlic cloves minced
Pinch ground ginger
3tbsp brown sugar
1tbsp honey

Method
Mix all Ingredients except beef broccoli and onions. Cut frozen steaks thin. In a shallow dish take half of mixture and pour over beef to marinate. Marinate for 2-8 hours


Heat wok pan with oil and cook one layer of the beef on high browning on both sides

After cooking meat let sit on a plate while you cook steamed broccoli.

In pan cook steamed broccoli and onions till tender

Then add in all the meat and remainder of the sauce


Cook till it thickens, serve over rice and enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment