Sunday, January 4, 2015

Hot Fudge Sundae Sauce


























I really have a thing for fudge. Especially hot fudge. I recently was craving it so bad but couldn't get it. So finally I decided to make it for myself. I tend to love all that I create in my test kitchen. I browsed some recipes and finally put one together with ingredients that I had in the house and Mae what was truly the best hot fudge sauce I ever had. My little one doesn't like hot fudge but loved mine! 

Ingredients
2/3c heavy cream
½c corn syrup
1/3c dark brown sugar
¼c Dutch-processed cocoa powder
¼tsp sea salt
4oz bittersweet chocolate
2oz unsweetened chocolate, chopped
2tbsp butter
1tsp vanilla extract
Method 
In a 2-quart saucepan over medium-high heat, bring the cream, syrup, brown sugar, cocoa powder, salt and half of the chocolate to a boil.






Reduce the heat to medium-low or low maintain a low simmer, cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat and stir in the remaining chocolate, the butter, and the vanilla extract, stirring until smooth. 



Let cool for 20 to 30 minutes before using Store in a jar in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks. 


To reheat, microwave for 30 seconds to 1 minute until it's pourable but still thick.

No comments:

Post a Comment