Sunday, January 4, 2015

EggNog


Christmas time at my Grandparents was the best time of the year, the food was plentiful and delicious. While my grandmother prepped the dinner my Aunt warmed and served her homemade eggnog. 
I found my Aunt Gwen's recipe in my grandmothers recipe collection. The eggnog is subtle and sweetened with my uncles honey. I believe they spiced it up with a little dark rum...
If you like a spicier eggnog then add some cinnamon and nutmeg or even rum.

Ingredients
6 eggs separated
1/2c honey
1c cream whipped 
4c milk

Method
Beat egg yolks till they are a light lemon color.
Add the honey and beat again. 
Blend in the milk

In a separate bowl beat egg whites till stiff but not dry, fold into mixture. Fold in whipped cream sprinkle with nutmeg. 

Heat and add rum if you desire. 

No comments:

Post a Comment