Sunday, August 25, 2013

Mummy Cupcake




Its that time of year again! The leaves are changing and its getting cool at night. Its time to start planning for the fall. Have fun in the kitchen. I made these fun cupcakes last year when I was in Minneapolis. Its the perfect time to post an pin all my fall ideas for the kitchen. The Cupcakes are freakishly deli-sh!


This post is a decorating tutorial, The cake recipe is a my chocolate. And the frosting is my buttercream recipe.

I have linked the tips I used here, I prefer to by from Amazon, its quick and easy. Please click link to my housewares store here to purchase my recommended cake decorating equipment.For  the best results in frosting color I use Americolor, I love it because you don't need much to create vibrant colors and it doesn't change the taste of your food.  You can also purchase a pack of 12 color gels that will last awhile.


To make this mummy you need a 44 or 45 flat tip. Starting in the center far left edge, pipe straight across to the right edge under your line repeat until you reach the bottom. leaving some of the cupcake open to show face pipe the top bandages in.For the eyes I used colored sprinkles and made an X shape. MMMMMumy!

No comments:

Post a Comment