Saturday, August 31, 2013

Strawberry Shortcake






My mother made strawberry shortcake for years. I know she used Bisquick though. personally I love Bisquick but I wanted to make my own homemade shortcakes, and I detest angel food cake so it was really developing a sweet biscuit recipe. Easy and delicious. Great Easy dessert for warm summer nights!
 Ingredients
2c flour
4tsp baking powder
3/4tsp salt
1tbsp sugar
2tbsp  butter
2tbsp shortening
3/4c  half and half
Melted butter
Berries coated with sugar
Ice cream or whipped cream

Method
Heat oven 450.
Cut berries and coat with some sugar let sit in fridge until cakes are done.
In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. Cut in butter and shortening. Mix in half-and-half. Drop by large spoonfuls onto a baking sheet. Brush with melted butter and sprinkle with sugar. Bake for 15 minutes or until brown.
Cool and eat with berries and juice from berries, ice cream or whipped cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment