Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Chewy Soft Chocolate Chip Cookies






















Chocolate Chip cookies are really just not as easy of a task as you think. Sure its a pretty basic cookie, but if you want really good chocolate chip cookies its a little more tricky. I love soft and chewy cookies that are crisp on the outside. I have tried many recipes and the cookies a harden, or are flat. Close to but just not right. I have used a recipe that was close, this last time I decided to change the recipe completely. I actually pioneered the most perfect Chocolate chip recipe I can claim as my own recipe.Please try it. Its the best you will ever know I promise.

I like to double the recipe, I roll and freeze the extra dough so I can bake fresh cookies all the time. The recipe follows as normal not doubled.

Ingredients
3/4C butter softened
3/4C butter flavored Crisco shortening
1 1/4C sugar
1 1/2C brown sugar
1tbsp Vanilla
1tbsp almond extract
2 eggs
2C AP flour
2C Cake Flour
2tsp baking soda
1/2tsp salt
1 bag semisweet or milk chocolate chocolate chips

Method
Heat oven to 375. In a large bowl mix butter, shortening and sugars until light and fluffy, add in vanilla and almond extract. Add eggs until fully incorporated. In a separate bowl mix the flour, cake flour, baking soda and salt until well combined.  Stir dry mixture gradually into the butter mixture until combined, add in Chocolate chips.

On an un greased cookie sheet drop 1/4 cupfulls 2 inches apart. Flatten slightly with a fork.

Bake 12-15 min until light brown, the centers will be soft! Cool slightly on sheet then transfer to a wire rack to cool. 




No comments:

Post a Comment