Monday, April 30, 2012

Blueberry Muffins





I love muffins. I make them a lot to put in the kids lunches, normally I do banana. But the little one wanted "Blue Blerry" muffins, So we made them. I took a few recipes and created my own. They come out good. My biggest tip would be to be generous with the batter in the cups. The more the better! My mother always made a muffin, cornbread type thing with our dinners. Its good to incorporate a starch of some kind with Protein and veggies. I like to make a lot and I freeze them, when you add them to the school lunch they are thawed by lunch.. They are good for snack too!

Ingredients
1/2 c butter
2/3c sugar
1/3cbrown sugar
2 eggs
1/2c milk
2tsp vegetable oil
2c flour
2tsp baking powder
1/2tsp salt
1tsp cinnamon
1/4tsp nutmeg
 
Method
Cream butter and sugars till combined add eggs. sift together dry ingredients. combine wet ingredients together. Alternate adding dry ingredients with wet, until well combined. Grease or line a muffin pan. Pour batter into prepared pans. Be generous for good muffins, fill to the top. Dust tops with coarse sugar. Bake at 400° for 20-25 min or until golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean.




No comments:

Post a Comment