Saturday, April 28, 2012

Tomato Bisque







One of my favorite meals is Tomato Soup and grilled cheese. I do not eat canned soup. I used to love Safeway's brand, but they make it with chicken stock. So I decided to come up with my own tomato bisque recipe. If its not the same its better! Really though whats better then a homemade dinner, nothing really.

Ingredients
5tbsp butter
1 onion chopped
1 chopped carrot
1 celery stalk chopped
4 cloves garlic minced
5c vegetable broth
2 cans tomatoes
3 fresh thyme sprigs
5-6 fresh basil leaves
1 bay leaf
1c heavy cream
1tbsp sugar
G Salt & pepper to taste

Method
In a saucepan combine butter and veggies, onion, and garlic and saute until soft. Add tomatoes, and spices with stock and cook to simmer for a half hour. Discard the bay leaf, and blend mixture with a hand blender or stationary blender, in small batches. Return to pan and add cream to thicken. heat to simmer. Add salt and pepper to taste.





No comments:

Post a Comment