Saturday, April 28, 2012

Lasagna




I have been told that I make the best Lasagna ever. My friend was in Italy with her father, their quest was to find the best Lasagna, According to her I win.

I have never liked Lasagna. I worked for an amazing Italian restaurant, still didn't like it. I used to cook for a beautiful elderly Jewish couple. I would cook and we would have the meal together. I remember when the wife asked me to make lasagna and eat it. I told her I didn't like to eat it, but I knew how to make it. See the thing I don't like is the ricotta cheese. She suggested that we make it and substitute the ricotta with feta. So I tried it. And I was in love. So happy that I actually love lasagna. Everyone since loves it too. Use a leftover marinara meat sauce, so that you are using effective meal planning.

Ingredients
Marinara
2 lbs mozzarella cheese
12oz feta cheese
2 eggs
5oz grated parmesan cheese
Lasagna noodles

Method
In a large pot boil pasta until its not yet al dente, you don't want the pasta soggy. In a bowl mix some of the mozzarella, the feta, eggs and parmesan  cheese until well combined into a creamy spreadable mixture. Set aside. In the bottom of a 9x13" pryex pan layer meat sauce, Layer with feta mixture, top with mozzarella cheese, now layer the pasta on top. Repeat until you have run out of the feta mixture. Top should be Meat sauce and finally mozzarella cheese. Cover pan with foil. Bake in the oven at 350° for 30 min covered. Remove foil and bake for another 30 min. Let sit for 15 min or so before cutting.





No comments:

Post a Comment