Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Blackberry Pie

Mmmm.
Since I moved to Seattle I don't think I knew what a blackberry was. When I discovered the juicy goodness I was in heaven. I now pick every year in August. I yield enough for a pie and enough to freeze until the next harvest. I love blackberry pie and I make one once a year. Its my Holiday for August. I use my grandmothers pie crust. The blackberry pie is delectable, warm, with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. What a Holiday!

Ingredients
Pie Crust
4c fresh blackberries
1/2c sugar or more depending on berries
1/2c flour

Method
Butter a pie pan. Put bottom crust in. Combine berries, sugar and flour, coat berries fill bottom crust with filling. Cover with top crust, make slits in the center of the pie, crimp edges. Sprinkle raw sugar on top of crust. Bake for 1hr a 375° until browned. elt the pie cool until center is firm at least 1 hour.

2 comments: