Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Chicken Fricassee

My mother made this dish when we were older children. I really love it. It is so rich and flavorful. This version of Chicken Fricassee is French. Its served on top of a bed of rice. I have included a tip in cooking your rice to make it extra savory.

Ingredients
1 lb Chicken Breasts
1/4c butter
1/2 onion finely chopped or grated
2 cloves garlic chopped or pressed
1/2c sherry wine
1c heavy cream
1c chicken stock
1tbsp Fennel or Tarragon
1/2 lb sliced mushrooms

Method
Brown chicken in butter add onion, garlic and cook until onions are translucent. Add wine, chicken stock, and spices, simmer until chicken is cooked. Add mushrooms and cream. Add wine, butter and cream to your liking. Serve on rice.

Rice
heat 2tbsp oil in pan. Brown 2c rice until golden, add 4c water simmer, reduce heat cover cook until rice is ready. I brown my rice and then put it all in a rice cooker.






No comments:

Post a Comment