Thursday, August 25, 2011

Lo Mein

I love lo mein noodles. They are really hard to find, I think it is Cantonese. Where I am chow mein is what there is. So I decided to try to make my own lo mein. With years of perfecting I have a recipe that I am proud of. You can use any kind of meat, or just veggies or tofu. I love to marinade the meat in Trader Joes Island Soyaki. The noodles are very specific you want a Chinese egg noodle or yakisoba. Stir fry noodles, fresh refrigerated not dry noodles. Serve with rice, gyoza or any Chinese dish you love.

Ingredients
2tbsp wok oil or olive oil
16 oz fresh Chinese egg noodles
1lb meat pork, beef or chicken
1/2 of each bell peppers red or green
1/4c green onion chopped
2 cloves garlic
1/2tbsp fresh ginger
1tbsp soy
1 bundle broccoli
1/2c cabbage
1/2c carrots
1/4c mushrooms
1/2c snow peas or bean sprouts or both ;)

Method
Heat oil in wok pan, add garlic and ginger, then meat until cooked add all veggies and stir fry, add noodles and toss and stir fry until cooked. Garnish with some green onions.





No comments:

Post a Comment