Sunday, August 7, 2011

Chile Relleno's

Being from Colorado, I am a huge Mexican food lover. I am also very picky when it comes to good Mexican food. One of my favorite dishes is a crispy Chile relleno. I cannot find it anywhere where I live at now. Luckily my mother made them when I was growing up. So I may enjoy them in my own kitchen. The recipe calls for egg roll wrapper, make sure they are a Chinese egg roll wrapper not any other variation.

Ingredients
Egg roll wrapper
3 cans whole green Chile's
1 block cheddar cheese
1 block Colby jack
1 egg beat
oil for frying

Method
Cut cheese into rectangles. Lay wrapper flat in a diamond on clean surface, lay 1 chile in center of wrapper, then one of each of cheeses inside chile. Brush edges with egg wash fold sides in then one side over, roll. you may need to use 2 wrappers if they are too thin. Heat oil in pan, fry relleno's until golden brown.
Keep in warm oven until ready to serve
Serve with green chile.

No comments:

Post a Comment