Sunday, August 7, 2011

Chicken Tikka Masala



  I love Indian food. Going out to eat it can be very pricey. Ive learned that I can cook the recipes myself and the results are just as good if not better. Recently I have tried this dish and I love the sauce. I prefer the Paneer dish because I am a vegetarian. I am including a chicken version and attached I will include the recipe for homemade paneer cheese. Try making and Indian dinner feast, Make Samosas, Chutney, Mango Lassi, and a Basmati rice dish. You will be so satisfied.

Ingredients
For Meat Marinade
1 lb cubed chuck or chicken
4tbsp plain yogurt
3tbsp ginger paste or freshly grated ginger
2tbsp lime juice
salt
2tsp chili powder
1/2tsp Garam Masala

Marinade chicken for at least 1/2 hour. Grill till fully cooked.

Tikka Masala 1tbsp ginger
1tbsp garlic paste
2tbsp oil
1/4tsp turmeric
1 onion finely chopped
1 tomato finely chopped
1tsp chili powder
2-3tsp tomato paste
1 chopped green chile
1tsp coriander
1/2tsp garam masala
2tbsp fresh cream
3tbsp fresh cilantro
salt

Meathod Heat oil, fry onion and green chile. Add ginger, garlic. Saute then add tomatoes, tomato paste, turmeric, chili powder, coriander, garam masala and salt. Stir fry on low heat. Add water if needed continue until well blended, add cream turn off heat add a cube of butter, cover.

No comments:

Post a Comment