Monday, January 9, 2012

Champagne Cupcakes









For the New Year I decided to try a few new recipes. I have been watching "Cupcake Wars" on Food Network and I was inspired by all the spirits being added to the cupcake batter. I'm glad I tried it. Next year I want to have a New Years Party and serve these! They are pretty and yummy.

Ingredients
1c butter softened
2c granulated sugar
4 eggs
2tsp vanilla
3 1/2 c flour
1tsp baking soda
1/2tsp baking powder
1/2tsp salt
1c cream
1c champagne

Method
Preheat oven to 350°. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy.  Add eggs one at a time beating well after each addition. Add vanilla and mix. Whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt, set aside. Add flour and Add champagne and cream (dry then wet ingredients alternately, beginning and ending with flour.)  
Fill cupcake papers with 1/4 cup level measures of batter.  Bake for 17-22 minutes. 

Frost with Buttercream or

Goat Cheese Frosting...YUM!
21oz goat cheese
2c confectioners sugar
1tsp almond extract
1tbsp brown sugar
2tbsp heavy cream


 

No comments:

Post a Comment