Monday, January 9, 2012

Potato Soup









I love Potato Soup. My mother used to make it all the time. It is so good. Its really simple too. I just use left over mashed potatoes and add whatever you like with it. My mother made a basic soup. I love to add cheddar and sour cream. What a super wholesome meal. Its great for a cool day.

Ingredients
2 potatoes cut into pieces
2 or more cups mashed potatoes
2c Chicken stock
1/2 Onion chopped
2tbsp Butter
1/2c Bacon or chopped ham
1/2c Heavy cream
1/2c Sour cream
S&P

Method
Saute Bacon and Onion in butter until soft and cooked.
 
Add chicken stock.and cook till soup is simmering




Add potatoes and cook until soft, add mashed potatoes, onion and bacon. Mix up make sure its thick. Add Cream and sour cream, and cheese. Season with salt and pepper. Top with sour cream cheese and bacon.

No comments:

Post a Comment