Sunday, January 22, 2012

Pumpkin Pie

I never liked pumpkin pie, I remember when I was young my Grandma B made this pumpkin pie everyone loved, I chose not to eat it, i always liked the other pies. One year my Grandma asked me to try a piece, she fixed it up with cool whip and chopped pecans on top. I took a bite and never turned down pumpkin pie again. But I really only love her recipe, the crust is perfect and filling smooth. I made this pumpkin pie this year I  followed the recipe, but instead of using a can of pumpkin from the store, I used my own homemade pumpkin puree. I am not kidding it was the absolute best pumpkin pie I have ever had, and I overheard other saying so. I was proud. Make it that way and you will be too!

Ingredients
1/4c white sugar
1/2c brown sugar
1/2tsp salt
1/2tsp ginger
1/4tsp cloves
1/4tsp cinnamon
2 eggs beaten
1 12oz can evaporated milk


Method
Mix eggs and pumpkin then add all dry ingredients then gradually add the evaporated milk, mix until well blended. Pour mixture into pie crust. Will be runny. Bake for 30-45 min at 375° Until knife comes out clean.


No comments:

Post a Comment