Monday, January 30, 2012

Green Pasta

I used to work for this lady who made this "Green Pasta" her kids couldn't get enough of it. I tried it and I had to agree. So when I found out what was in it I was surprised. Really surprised, Kale. Anyone who could get kids to eat kale is a culinary genius. So I made this for the kids as a sort of experiment... Was it just her kids or does it work for all kids. Well my experiment results were astounding. Make it for your kids they will love it.

Ingredients
1 bunch of kale steamed
4tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 clove garlic
Salt to taste
2tbsp fresh Parmigiano-Reggiano  shredded
1 package penne pasta

Method
Steam kale, drain. In food processor add kale, garlic and olive oil and salt with Parmesan cheese, pulse until well combined and nearly smooth. Taste to make sure it has enough salt,  you may need to add olive oil for consistency. Boil pasta until al dente. Drain pasta and mix with kale pesto, add more Parmesan to top.  





No comments:

Post a Comment