Monday, January 23, 2012

Dutch Baby

I got this recipe from a mother I used to nanny for, She made it for her kids almost every morning. This is one of the easiest breakfasts you could ever make, It is great because its something you should always have the ingredients for on hand. It is high in protein and I promise your kids will love it. I use a cast iron skillet for this. I make this recipe with two eggs you could add 1 more for more protein. I love this recipe with bananas and blueberries, you could use any fresh fruits you want or none at all.  Try this its simply great!

Ingredients
2tbsp butter 
2 eggs
1/2c milk
1/2c flour
3tbsp sugar
A pinch of salt
1/4c half and half or more milk
Fruit

Method
Heat butter in skillet on stove. By hand, beat eggs milk flour salt and half and half until smoothly blended. Pour into pan and add cut up bananas and berries, Put in oven at 375° until it has puffed and browned. Remove, slice into wedges, top with syrup and butter.


No comments:

Post a Comment